Stellarium Mobile is a fully-featured planetarium for your phone. It shows a realistic night sky map in 3D, just like
what you see with the naked eye, binoculars or a telescope.
The sensor control will also enable you to identify what you see in the sky in just a few seconds, just by pointing the phone at it.
This award-winning astronomy application is available on Android and iOS featuring:
- a very intuitive touch-screen interface
- the integration of GPS positioning
- the control of the direction of view using the device accelerometers
- a catalog of over 600,000 stars displayed as a real time zoomable sky map
- a catalog of many nebulae and galaxies, with pictures for some of them
- asterisms and illustrations of the constellations for several sky cultures
- realistic Milky Way
- realistic landscape and atmosphere with sunrise, sunset and light pollution simulation
- 3D rendering of the major solar system planets and their satellites
- night mode (red)
The Quick Start Guide (pdf) [550Kb] describes how to get
started with the application. It also provides an overview of the app if you want to learn more before trying it.
The OpenGL ES port- is already merged in the Stellarium source code
trunk available on launchpad.
source code of the 1.16
source code of the 1.19
source code of the 1.24